1970 – EBS launched in December 1970 as one of the first companies to offer small self-administered schemes (SSASs).
1979 – EBS’s oldest SSAS, which is still in existence, was established in June 1976.
2000 – EBS also expanded the business by establishing self-invested personal pensions (SIPPs) in March 2000.
2017 – EBS became part of the Embark Group in May 2017.
2018 – In October EBS acquired Liberty SIPP via asset purchase.
EBS’s vital statistics
- Formed: 1970
- AuA: c£6.8bn
- Clients: c32,000
- Location: London and Bolton
- Capital adequacy ratio: we maintain at least 125% at all times and currently significantly higher
Figures correct as of October 2018.
The Embark Group’s vital statistics
- Employs c500 people
- Eight businesses located in six offices
- c£15bn assets under administration
- c140,000 consumer clients
- Majority of our subsidiaries have an AKG rating of B (strong)
- We have won 14 major industry awards over the last 10 years
- 100% privately owned
- £ multi-million year-on-year capital investment
- Committed to professional excellence across our people
- Blue chip management and non-executive team
- £15m Professional Indemnity (PI) cover
Figures correct as of January 2019.