1970 – EBS launched in December 1970 as one of the first companies to offer small self-administered schemes (SSASs).
1979 – EBS’s oldest SSAS, which is still in existence, was established in June 1976.
2000 – EBS also expanded the business by establishing self-invested personal pensions (SIPPs) in March 2000.
2017 – EBS became part of the Embark Group in May 2017.
2018 – In October EBS acquired Liberty SIPP via asset purchase.
EBS’s vital statistics
- Formed: 1970
- AuA: c£7.2bn
- Clients: c33,000
- Location: London and Bolton
- Capital adequacy ratio: we maintain at least 125% at all times and currently significantly higher
The Embark Group’s vital statistics
- Employs over 480 people
- Seven offices located around the UK
- £15.5bn assets under administration
- c150,000 consumer clients
- Majority of our subsidiaries have an AKG rating of B (strong)
- We are a multi-award winning business
- £ multi-million year-on-year capital investment strategy
- Commitment to professional excellence across our people
- Blue chip management and non-executive team
- £15m Professional Indemnity (PI) cover
Figures correct as at June 2019.